Skip to main content
We ask just a few things from our new coaches (see detail for each step below):
- Complete or confirm volunteer registration in your family's AdminSports account.
- Complete steps for a CCYS CORI background check
- Complete Concussion Awareness Training
- Complete regular coach licensing beginning with the Introductory G course which is required for all coach and assistants.
- For our travel program
- Complete an NSCAA Level 2 Coach licensing course, if at all possible, before the season begins
- Obtain a Coach Card
- Volunteer Registration - using the Registration login tab from our website log into your family's AdminSports account, confirm or register as a volunteer for your player by clicking on the Volunteer tab (or your name if you have already volunteered). Confirm/edit ALL your volunteer registration information. Complete within 24 hours of volunteering.
- CORI background check – CCYS is required to conduct a Criminal Offender Record Information check (CORI) on every volunteer working closely with players every three years. Click here for the instructions. Complete within 24 hours of registering or by February 1 for the spring season or August 1 for the fall season.
- Concussion Awareness Training – CCYS and the BAYS league now require all coaches to take video training on traumatic brain injury put together by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We hope that by completing this course you will have the ability to better identify potential traumatic brain injury. Click here to go to our web page that includes a link to the CDC Heads Up Concussion video and the CCYS policy regarding brain injuries. Complete no later than March 25 for the spring season or August 25 for the fall season.
- Coach Licensing training – CCYS now requires all coaches and assistants to regularly complete coach licensing. Click here to go to our web page that includes current seasonally scheduled courses and registration details. Complete before the start of your program’s season start date.
- Travel program's additional requirements:
- Complete an F course. Click here for details.
- Obtain a coach card - contact Heidi Kidder, Travel Registrar for more information.