The following guidance includes highlights from the MA Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) COVID-19 2022 Recommended Procedures.
Please review the full MYSA document for complete recommendations (MYSA COVID guide). All guidance is in alignment with the Concord Health Department (Concord DPH COVID page and PDF below), MA Department of Public Health (MA DPH page), and CDC.
MA Youth Soccer Association COVID-19 recommendations include the following:
• Masks may be worn at the discretion of the adult (18 years and older) player or the minor (17 years old and younger) player’s parent/guardian.
• Follow CDC recommendations regarding vaccinations and protection for all activities.
• Players should use their own personal equipment (ball, water bottle, GK gloves, etc.), sharing is not recommended.
• Pinnies should not be shared and should be properly washed/sanitized after every use.
• Discourage shared team snacks (i.e. no common bowls of food).
• Encourage alternate methods for group celebrations; discourage hugs, handshakes
We suggest the following:
Any player or coach with symptoms suggesting infection with COVID-19 should not attend practice or games. If a player or coach tests positive, teammates will not be considered close contacts if the only exposure has been outdoors. Players should follow self-testing and quarantine guidelines of their respective school systems, Concord or Carlisle.
COVID-19 symptoms list:
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat (in combination with other symptoms)
- Nausea, vomiting (in combination with other symptoms)
- Headache (in combination with other symptoms)
- Fatigue (in combination with other symptoms)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (in combination with other symptoms and not due to other known causes, such as allergies)