Are you new to coaching at CCYS?
First off, thank you for volunteering! Our club is run by the hundreds of parents who volunteer including coach or assistant coach. CCYS very much appreciates the dedication it takes from our coaches and parents to run our program.
Below you'll find a brief overview of what to expect during the upcoming season. Should you have questions at any time, please consult the CCYS contact list to find the appropriate person to contact. We are here to support you, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Getting started: To volunteer as coach you can either do so during player registration or after, by logging into your family's AdminSports account. Make sure that you confirm your email address and phone number when registering.
CCYS communicates primarily with coaches via email. They are informed about seasonal coaches' meetings, coaching requirements, of their team's roster and schedule, and of other CCYS club business.
A typical CCYS season timeline is as follows:
- 4-8 weeks prior to the season opening: Volunteers should complete coaching requirements as noted below.
- 2-3 weeks prior to the season opening: Rosters are released with schedules following shortly thereafter. Coaches and assistants will receive their rosters via email from your program's registrar or age group director.
- 1-2 weeks prior to the season opening: Your program's coaches meeting takes place. All coaches and assistants are asked to attend to hear important information regarding the season and to pickup equipment after their division's meeting time.
- Season length is anywhere from 7-10 weeks.
- Practices are set up by coaches about two weeks prior to the season opening.
- Coach requirements: We have just a few items you will need to complete before the season begins which include a CORI background check, concussion awareness training and coach licensing. Click here for more details on these requirements.
For more details about coaching please contact CCYS coaching leadership!