Please click here to access InTown game schedules and locations.
InTown Coaching Resources
For any new coaches, or those looking for a refresher, there are various resources and videos containing age-appropriate games available.
- Pre-K & K Coaches Packet
- Pre-K and K grades: MA Youth Soccer sessions for young children
- 1st and 2nd grades: MA Youth Soccer sessions for 1st/2nd grade
- See this Google slide deck
Please consider the following key things to keep in mind when planning your InTown soccer sessions:
- FUN! Make it fun, keep it fun, have fun! The soccer part is almost secondary. Help the kids have fun overall, put a soccer ball in the mix, and everyone wins.
- If you’re smiling and enthusiastic, the kids will respond. If you're gregarious and goofy, even better!
- Give the kids ample opportunity to manipulate the ball - dribble, pass, shoot.
- Do NOT keep score; no one cares about the score. Help kids focus on trying hard and having fun, not on who is winning/losing.
- You don’t have to figure it all out yourself. See the resources above, and borrow/share with other coaches - our coaching community is our most valuable resource!
- If an activity isn’t working, change it; if it works well, use it again next session. Kids love repetition if it's fun.
CCYS pro coaches are also always happy to provide a live coaching session for anyone who needs help/ideas for their teams, if there is interest.
But remember, just help them have fun and it'll be a success!